The following are the Arkansas viatical settlement guidelines
- when there is a double indemnity death benefit rider, the additional benefit payable from the rider shall remain with the viator and will not be part of the settlement to the provider
- payment from an Arkansas viatical settlement shall take the form of a wire transfer from an escrow account
- payment must be made in a lump sum and not any type of installment payout.
- no broker, agent, or provider may discriminate on an Arkansas viatical settlement based on race, gender, religion, occupation, marital or family status or sexual orientation
- any agent or broker shall not pay or offer to pay any type of fee or commission to any viators physician, attorney, accountant or any other related financial advisor of the viator.
- contacting an insured for the purpose of checking the health status of a viator can not happen more often than 3 months
- providers agents and broker can not solicit any investors who could ultimately influence the treatment of the illness of the insured.
Follow our website for more information on the Arkansas viatical settlement rules. Visit our LIVEpdq webcast to have your policy appraised.